الموقع الإلكتروني UNIFIL
UNIFIL has around 10,500 peacekeepers coming from 48 troop contributing countries.
This position is located in the Water & Sanitation unit of the Engineering & Facility Maintenance Section (EFMS) of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Naqoura. The incumbent will report to the Supervisor Water & Sanitation unit or his/her designate.
– Installs, operates, maintains, services and repairs, in compliance with recognized standards and regulations pertaining to safety and installation codes. Buildings, camps/sanitary infrastructures, or other structures including sanitation facilities such as: ablution units, bathrooms and toilets, laundries and kitchen water and wastewater systems.
– Supports operating equipment and drive vehicle with vacuum tank (sewage truck) used to empty septic tanks and grease traps (heavy vehicle license is essential).
– Supports operating the truck mounted equipment for sewage collection and disposal of the sewage systems in the HQ and Area of Operations.
– Carries out scheduled maintenance on all the installations and equipment related to above.
– Performs emergency works and repairs of all above.
– Prepares reports of field activities pertaining to inspection, service and repair works.
– Organizes materials and tools for assigned team.
– Initiates work orders as and when required.
– Coordinates works as necessary with engineering counterparts in specialized technical areas.
– Periodically inspects ongoing projects and reports to the Sector Engineer on progress, timelines and any setbacks or alterations that may occur.
– Inspects and reports on construction project work and maintenance works carried out by civilian contractors and ensures all stages are completed satisfactorily prior to payment.
– Assists in preparation of technical reports, drawings and material quantities.
– Liaises with Water and Sanitation Engineer for expert advice on water supply and sewerage works, electrician on electrical matters and other engineering sub-units, as necessary.
– Provides instructions on end-use care and servicing of water supply and sewerage works.
– Trains user’s Technicians on proper operation, upkeep, general maintenance of water supply and sewerage works and monitoring quantity levels of supply of spare parts for routine scheduled maintenance, as well as maintenance of log books, maintenance records and spare parts’ consumption records.
– Provides input for data entries in the asset control database immediately after receipt, repairs/overhaul, transfer, and disposal of equipment.
– Performs other duties as and when required, including emergency call-out and standby duties.
Professionalism: Demonstrated technical skills, knowledge and hands-on experience in water supply and sewerage operations, including treatment plants and pump installations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Valid driving license for heavy vehicles (Lebanese Class C), with clean driver’s record and proven ability to drive manual transmission is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in water supply and sewerage works, treatment plants and pump installations is required.
Experience with standard techniques and practices for maintenance of various types of treatment plants and pump systems is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
Deadline: February 23, 2024
To apply for this job please visit inspira.un.org.