الموقع الإلكتروني Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières, also known as Doctors Without Borders, is a charity that provides humanitarian medical care.
وظيفة شاغرة في لبنان. مطلوب ممرضة Nurse للعمل لدى منظمة أطباء بلا حدود Médecins Sans Frontières بدوام كامل لمدة 4 أشهر.
منظّمة أطباء بلا حدود هي منظّمة دولية طبية إنسانية تأسّست على أيدي أطباء وصحافيين في العام 1971. تقدّم المنظّمة اليوم المساعدة بشكل مستقل ومحايد في أكثر من 60 دولة حول العالم لأشخاص يحدّق بهم خطر العنف، والإهمال، والكوارث التي تتسبب بها النزاعات المسلحة بشكل أساسي، والأوبئة، وسوء التغذية، والإقصاء من الرعاية الصحية والكوارث الطبيعية. تدير أطباء بلا حدود في الوقت الحالي مشروعين يقدمان الرعاية الصحية الأولية وخدمات الصحة النفسية في وادي خالد والبقاع.
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization created by doctors and journalists in 1971.
Today, MSF provides independent, impartial assistance in more than 60 countries to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe, primarily due to armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, and exclusion from health care or natural disasters. MSF in Lebanon currently has 2 projects mainly on primary health care and mental health, in Wadi Khaled and the Bekaa valley.
MSF is committed to achieving diversity, equity and inclusion within its workforce irrespective of gender, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds. All job applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
-Starting date: 1st June 2023
-Type of contract: 100%, 4 months (maternity cover) fixed term contract, fixed-term.
Updated competitive salary package with benefits including allowances, medical coverage and 5 weeks of paid leave
-Place of work: Wadi Khaled, Akkar
– Salary: 1,940,418 LBP
Function responsibilities include
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring safe and correct administration of vaccinations according to the specific vaccine requirements and the EPI (Essential Program of Immunisation) schedule
- Following universal guidelines for managing vaccines (cold chain, administration), reporting any anomalies, checking all vaccine vials (content, label, expiry date) before each session, and disposing of sharps correctly after use
- Observing any immediate adverse reactions and, if required, providing first aid, e.g. anaphylactic shock
- Informing patients about possible side effects and the date of return for the next dose
- Providing health education to vaccinated individuals/caretakers on an individual basis, as needed
- Recording given vaccination details in the registration book and other reporting/follow-up tools such as tally sheet and report for EPI/MoPH (Ministry of Public Health)
- Preparing vaccine orders using the specific MoPH template for EPI activities, communicating needs with the MoPH office in the area, and organizing the collection of vaccines and related consumables
- Providing the vaccinated/caretaker with the completed vaccination card, reporting on consumption and, in the absence of a storekeeper, ordering regularly to prevent stock shortages
- Attending meetings and training sessions as proposed by the organization to continuously develop skills
- Adhering to all protocols and measures put in place for COVID-19 prevention and promoting respect among patients and colleagues
- Performing any other tasks as requested by the hierarchy
- Participating in equipment sterilization
- Conducting pre-COVID screening and patient triage
- Collaborating with the SRH (Sexual Reproductive Health), MH (Mental Health), and HP (Health Promotion) teams
Experience and Qualification
- Essential: 2 years of previous work experience
- Desirable: 2 years of previous experience in MSF or other (I)NGO’s
- Essential: Recognized nursing degree, diploma, or bachelor’s degree in Science of Nursing
- Essential: Ministry of Public Health practice license as Nurse in Lebanon
- Essential: Certificate of registration at the order of nurse in Lebanon
- Essential: Full professional proficiency of the Arabic and English language
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
وظائف شاغرة أيضا:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application on https://forms.gle/gRyiSykRYM5Z7Ff86, by Tuesday April 20th, 2023 as deadline.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.